National Sales Director Bill Luallen of XL North, a subsidiary of TRCC, recently appeared as a guest writer on ProInstaller Magazine to discuss the impact concrete porosity can have on flooring installation.
- The porosity of a concrete substrate affects flooring adhesives, concrete sealers, cement based underlayment and concrete primers in various ways.
- Time is money, and the longer contractors have to wait to install flooring, the more money lost. Adhesives, sealers and primers take longer to dry over non-porous substrates.
- The “water to cement ratio” is the most important factor for mixing concrete because the denser and less porous the cement, the stronger it will be.
- Two tests that must be performed on concrete substrates at every grade level are moisture and pH testing.
- XL North has a solution to achieve porosity quickly and with minimal effort – Porosity+.
For more information or to learn more about Porosity+, visit XL North’s website.